Hello Lumio! - A First Look at this Beautiful Lamp

I've always loved books, so when I discovered Lumio on Kickstarter, it was just something that looks too good to be true. I love reading in bed. So what could be better company than this gorgeous Lumio lamp?

 I was fortunate enough to get the last spot on the first batch of shipments. And here it is in full glory. It just arrived this afternoon.
Ingenious, seamless uniformity in its packaging. The box acts as a carrier for your Lumio too.


A beautiful box
 My beautiful Cherry coloured Lumio. Can you see the micro USB charging point?


And the beautiful lamp can be used instantly!I love you Max.

I was initially a little worried because my colleague said that most Kickstarter projects don't materialise and backers lose their money. But the creator of this lamp, Max Gunawan, seem so inspired and dedicated to this project. His proposal was wonderfully made and he seemed so dedicated to producing a good quality product, I was sold.

Admittedly, the product arrived late. It was initially due in July, but because Max had some trouble sourcing for the exact materials, and getting the cutting and fit he needed, thus it was delayed. But he never failed to update his backers through email, what he was doing, and how were our Lumios coming along.

 Frankly, I don't really care it's late. And I rather have a late and well built product, than a hurried, rushed, and haphazardly put together product.

My colleagues found it beautiful too! I couldn't help showing it off in the office.

As stated, Max added some surprises, a pouch, a really velvety fibrous cable (even the cable is special), some magnetic rings and a leather belt can be configured to attach to your Lumio so that you can hang it somewhere.

In the instruction manual, it also mentions that I'll need to buy a 2A or 3A adaptor to charge my Lumio via the USB cable provided. A 3A adaptor would provide a faster (4 hour) full charge.
I happened to find a 3A adaptor at a digital lifestyle shop at Star Vista Mall (next to Buona Vista MRT)
This beautiful lamp is also amazingly eco friendly and energy efficient. It provides 500 lumens of brilliant LED light for 8 continueous hours on a single charge. Isn't it amazing?

Do not charge it on your computer though. That'll take 24 hours.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find that both ends of "book" are magnetic and clip together when you pull the ends to a 360 degree configuration. That means I do not have to use the magnetic rings provided.

This is me holding it up via the leather strap. It is being reflected in the mirror in front. Can you see how bright it is?
I can't wait to see what else I can do with my Lumio. Thank you so much Max :)


The Lumio comes in 3 colours - Blonde Maple, Warm Cherry, and Dark Walnut.

To order yours, please visit http://www.hellolumio.com/ #hellolumio

Comments

Popular Posts